Day’s Jewelers is committed to the highest level of social, ethical, and environmental responsibility in every aspect of our business. Our buyers search the world to find the most beautiful jewelry and gemstones. Though selling beautiful, quality jewelry is the core of our business, we are especially attentive to sourcing jewelry and gems that did not cause harm to people or the environment. Furthermore, Day’s is committed to many programs that support good things in our local communities, nationally and internationally. We believe that jewelry should go “Beyond Beauty” and help to make our world a better place to live.
We are committed to the respect of human rights, to avoiding contributions to the finance of conflict and complying with all relevant UN sanctions, resolutions and laws. We are a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) as proven through an independent third-party verification. As such we commit to and comply with:
- Respecting human rights according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and International Labour Organization Fundamental Rights at Work;
- Refusing to engage in or tolerate bribery, corruption, money laundering or finance of terrorism;
- Supporting transparency of government payments and rights-compatible security forces in the extractives industry;
- Refusing to provide direct or indirect support to illegal armed groups
- Enabling stakeholders to voice concerns about the jewellery supply chain.
- Implementing a management process for risk based due diligence for responsible supply chains of minerals, diamonds and gemstones from conflict-affected and high-risk areas as identified by OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) documentation and notification.
We also commit to using our influence to prevent abuses by others. In doing so, we will conduct no less than annually, a risk assessment of suppliers we source our precious metals including gold, platinum and silver, colored gemstones and diamonds from, in accordance to OECD guidance and risks.
View Our Risk Assessment Management System
Day's Jewelers is committed to upholding professionalism & social, ethical, and environmental standards. We proudly support the Diamonds Do Good® Initiative.